Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Super Smash Bros Brawl Review

Hello people!!! I'm finally done with all the essays I had to do so it's time for my next review.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the third in a series and is played on the Nintendo Wii. It is based on you choosing a Nintendo character from a pretty good list and fighting other Nintendo characters. A lot of you will suddenly think of it as a regular brawler like Tekken 6, but that is a lie!!!! It is actually VERY different.
The controls consist of a power attack and a regular attack. You decide what move to use based on which direction your character is moving at the time of the button press. Some characters even have hidden moves when you do it at a certain time.
The controls aren't that hard to get used to and learning the various moves is much easier than Tekken 6. It is a 2D game so you also don't have to worry about moving around the enemy.
The only really goo d modes are arcade and brawl. The subspace emissary mode just plain sucks and it is just easier to unlock characters through plain battling. The online mode is also fun but can get very laggy at times. The lag is not usually that bad but can get annoying at times. I have had bad experiences with online mode due to get triple team by a group of people and it wasn't that fun when it happened.
Overall this game is great and is a must buy. It is selling for $50 new and $40 used. Next review will be on Gears of War.

I would also like to make a formal apology to Ascension Gaming from my recent What I did this past week post. I forgot to give credit to them as well for giving me the idea. I am sorry and hope it wasn't too traumatic for you guys. I am a huge fan and it makes me feel a little guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment